Most of the time there are some expectations when you get married and have a family. Dinner for one, needs to be edible, and most like to have something different for a meal than they had the night before! That's where the idea came to create this blog, for our family and friends, to make life a little simpler for those we know and love. 5 friends have come together to share simple crafts and delicious recipes, to share with one another and with you! We are spicing things up in the kitchen and whiping out our "domestic" sides, so grab one of our buttons below, spread the word, and share with your friends and family!

Friday, June 3, 2011

simply burpcloths.

I was lucky enough to get some of these amazing burp cloths for my baby shower by one of my mom's best friends, which led to more made by my mom when she came after Hudson was born, and now, I decided I needed more (really I didn't, I just wanted some different colors to match some more outfits), which then turned into me making them for a double baby shower the other night, which is now leading to this post so everyone out there can make them for themselves or others!
simplicity.
promise.
1. Go to your local fabric store and pick out your fabric. I went to Joanns and went straight to the scrap pieces or 1/2 yard squares for $1.99. One of these squares can make 2-3 burp rags.
2. Go to your local Walmart or Joanns and buy a pack[s] of burp cloth diapers. Usually comes in a pack of 4 made by GERBER.
ps. target has burp cloth diapers but they are GIGANTIC and will NOT work for these burp rags unless you want a blanket!
4. Wash and Dry your fabric and burp cloth diapers. This will prevent shrinking and fraying later on. Trust me, you will wash them often!
5. Iron ( I find it easier to starch as well) your fabric and burp rags out flat.
6. Take your fabric and measure the length and width of the MIDDLE of the burp rag, (see orange line below. HINT: it is more padded in the middle than the side) keeping in mind that you will iron and starch all of the edges of your measured piece to prevent fraying.

7. You are ready to sew! Take your measured fabric and sew to the middle and padded part of the burp cloth.

DONE AND DONE.

SO simple and easy right?! I have about 30 of them. Honestly, I don't think you can have too many! :)

1 comment:

  1. So are you sewing the stip the long length of the burp rag?

    ReplyDelete