Most of the time there are some expectations when you get married and have a family. Dinner for one, needs to be edible, and most like to have something different for a meal than they had the night before! That's where the idea came to create this blog, for our family and friends, to make life a little simpler for those we know and love. 5 friends have come together to share simple crafts and delicious recipes, to share with one another and with you! We are spicing things up in the kitchen and whiping out our "domestic" sides, so grab one of our buttons below, spread the word, and share with your friends and family!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Stenciled Pillows



I was making some throw pillows for our guest room the other day and couldn't quite find the fabric that I was looking for- so I decided to make my own. I decided to stencil a design onto the pillow fabric just to add a little bit more to it.

You'll need:
- stencil
- fabric paint
- foam brush

I used my Circut to create the stencil that I wanted.


Then I made sure that the stencil would lay flat and
 held it firmly in place while I painted the stencil.




 And voila and cute patterned pillow. I chose to go with the 
gray flowers because I didn't want anything too drastic I 
just wanted a soft pattern against the bigger bolder pattern of the larger pillows.


*For the pillow I just measured out the dimensions I wanted and sewed the fabric right sides together leaving a small hole that I could use to turn the pillow inside out and stuff it.

No comments:

Post a Comment