Most of the time there are some expectations when you get married and have a family. Dinner for one, needs to be edible, and most like to have something different for a meal than they had the night before! That's where the idea came to create this blog, for our family and friends, to make life a little simpler for those we know and love. 5 friends have come together to share simple crafts and delicious recipes, to share with one another and with you! We are spicing things up in the kitchen and whiping out our "domestic" sides, so grab one of our buttons below, spread the word, and share with your friends and family!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Framed Crafts



This is a great inexpensive way to decorate your house for the whole year. You just switch out the inserts each time. I bought 4 inexpensive 5x7 frames from Wal Mart and then just replace the inserts every month or so.

HOW TO:
The backgrounds are all scrapbook paper cut to the 5x7 dimensions. I did the letters in a number of different ways. I've used my Cricut to cut out letters. I've bought little cardboard letters already cut out and then painted them. (You could decoupage scrapbook paper on them too.) I've also gone to dafont.com and downloaded a font. Once I got the font I used InDesign (but Microsoft WordArt works too) to make the letters as big as I wanted them (usually leave an inch on both sides) and printed them out. Then I use them as a template on glitter sticker paper, NOEL for example is that glitter paper that I traced and cut out.

Add a little something to them for some extra fun. For example, BOO has some spiderwebs draped across it which adds a little extra to it! There are plenty of other words that you could use. For the months that you don't have an idea you could use HOME with the colors of your decor- if you wanted something up year round. Just have fun with it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment